A power flush is a cleansing process which aims to remove deposits of sludge, rust and any other debris from your central heating system. These contaminants, if left, can seriously affect the efficiency of a heating system and in severe cases a power flush is the only option available.
Signs that you might need a power flush
There are a number of signs to look for before deciding to go ahead with the power flush process. These include cold areas on radiators, excessive noise from the boiler or the heating system pump, discoloured water when you bleed the radiators and the slow warming of the heating system. You might also notice the tap water getting cloudy, especially if there is a build up of lime scale as well.
The overall aim of a power flush is to restore the full circulation of water around the central heating system; however, it can also eliminate noise from the boiler and the pump as well. This means that the entire system has to be flushed in order to get the best results. Some of the benefits a power flush has to your existing heating system:
- Improves overall central heating efficiency
- Saved up to 25% on heating bills
- Extends the lifespan on your boiler & Radiators
- Improves water circulation
- Quieter system, decreases boiler noise
- Heating up periods are reduced
- Hotter radiators
- Prevention of potential future boiler problems
- Fast, easy to do, usually within the day
- Viable alternative to having a new heating system installed
Call Plumb Safe today to get yourself booked for a FREE Survey & Quotation (0121 6556668)